Monday 7 January 2013

Calm Sky

'Calm Sky' is a piece I composed some time ago.  I was experimenting with this lovely warm synthesiser pad sound on my keyboard when I recorded it.  The track is from an improvised session with the odd note fixed here and there.  I have always felt that it alludes a little to a something classical piece of music Baroque music someone like Bach might have written on a church organ, but with a different texture and sound of course.  Having grown a greater appreciation of classical music throughout the years I hear the similar style of fast chord changes and descending and ascending bass notes.

'Calm Sky' can be listened to and downloaded in the player below and I hope that it makes you think of a nice calming blue sky too!


For a long time this track was known as 'Clam Sky' on my computer due to either my poor typing or possible dyslexia or possibly both.  A sky of clams is not really the image I was going for.  Perhaps I shall save that image for a future piece of music.

Check back soon to hear another track.

simonwillis.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment