Thursday 10 January 2013

My First Album - Left Behind

Well I didn't know when I would finally manage to have this uploaded but here it is, my first instrumental album 'Left Behind' which is available to download at simonwillis.bandcamp.com  The tracks can be downloaded individually or as part of the entire album.

Below is the last track on the album 'Left Behind (Reprise)' which is a solo piano version of the title track.


I recorded this track to be a bookend, with the main theme both opening and the closing the album.  I have tried to have themes running throughout the album, but feel free to infer whatever meaning you like to the tracks!  I know that music can mean many different things to many different people.  However, I will continue to post the songs on here individually with a few comments as to what inspired me to create them.

The tracks are a mixture of old and newish pieces I have composed over the years.  I'm not sure I'm ever completely happy with what I have recorded, but there comes a time when you should just release what you have and see what happens.  I hope that I will continue to improve in my work.  I may well come back to some of these themes and ideas in the future, but I think it's good to release something and say to yourself that it is done, at least for now, so you can move onto other things.  I already have a concept for my next instrumental album and a few half done tracks which I will be looking at in the near future.  I will also be working on some vocal tracks very soon.  I have a large back catalogue of half finished music, lyrics and all sorts to wade through.  So there is plenty more to come!

Being a massive Lego fan I used two very old Lego mini-figures for the album art.  Additionally I didn't know what else to use.  I think the Lego man at the back has something he needs to say to the girl within his letter.  The Lego Lady figure is from a set called 'Mailman on Motorcycle' from 1984;
As for the Lego man, I'm not entirely sure which set he came with.  However, I now feel compelled to scour the internet to find out which Lego catalogue he might be in!

No comments:

Post a Comment